Today is our first day without orientation programs. A bunch of us went to explore the Old Medina - it's basically the shopping hotspot of Rabat. Imagine a maze of small alleyways, cobbled stone ground, colorful shops, foods, spices everywhere. Things are incredibly cheap so I foresee a lot of my giftbuying from the Medina, however, I am waiting until I learn how to bargain in Darijha (Moroccan dialect of Arabic) to purchase anything.
Also went to the Kasbah, then explored Hassan Mosque (was originally supposed to be the largest mosque in the world), then a public garden. There is a program dinner tonight with all the professors...actually in 20 minutes.
And VERY EXCITINGLY: tried a clementine yesterday to test my allergy and had NO reaction! (No worries, Mama - had my Epipen ready in case). Same with a banana today! I think I may finally be outgrowing my many allergies. Or many the fruits are different on this side of the world...
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fruits! HOW WAS IT?!
ReplyDelete