The days here are exhausting. We had a scavenger type thing today to learn more about Rabat. Got completely lost in our group trying to get back to our region of the city (Dyour Jamaa). The medina was AWESOME. Everything is so vibrant. I got a long black/white houndstooth Zara skirt for 20 dirham...roughly $3.50. (Don't be mad, Mama! I promise I am not spending lots of money. My most expensive purchase so far has been Zyrtec for 80 d - $12).
My host family is nice but it has been a bit of an obstacle to communicate with them since I have been learning Modern Standard Arabic, not Darijha, the Moroccan dialect. However, my co-American, Kelcey, speaks fluent-ish French so that helps. The food is great. And there is a baby! Ashraf, 11 months, their grandson.
He gave me a hug when he saw me this morning. Highlight of my day..
Missing my family very much. 4 months away is beginning to look very daunting
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww babies love you :) I am so glad you got a host family. We are back from Florida safe and sound. Btw, I love reading your blog updates, so keep up the good work haha. Love you <3
ReplyDeleteWait, is another American staying with the same host family?
ReplyDeleteYou must be so glad you have a baby to play with. Take pictures.
I wore your shirt today - I didn't bring any longsleeved stuff home. Don't be mad?