I'm already liking it so much more here. I met a bunch of the other people in the program today. We just went to eat at a nearby restaurant with two of the program directors - Halima and Doha. They are AWESOME.
After talking with them, I am regretting my decision to live in the dorms and not with a host family. I spoke to the program director here about the possibility of switching...crossing my fingers it will work out. It's basically unanimous that students that live with host families learn the language much better than those who live in dorms (and out of the 30-ish students, only 3 other ones are living in the dorms anyway). Plus, I am sure I would get a much fuller experience with a family - celebrating the holidays, learning the ins and outs of Rabat. I really hope it works out.
On a more whimsical note, Kyrstin and I spotted a double rainbow outside her hotel room today! I am taking it as a very promising omen.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment