Operation Save Sadaf continues! I was rescued by my uncle and cousin from France Friday night and made it back to London without any hitches. The wedding was yesterday and it was LOVELY. I tried not to let myself worry about how I would be getting back to Morocco but now the wedding is over...and I'm a bit worried.
However, I'm definitely seeing the bright side of all of this. I am experiencing a historical event. Global travel as we know it has been halted to the most severe degree in history. I am getting to spend more time with my family in Wales. And none of this is my fault!
News reports say airport bans are to be lifted tomorrow afternoon which is a shame since my flight was scheduled for the morning. This means I will be in England at least a few more days since there will be thousands of people trying to rebook flights and, predictably, little organization.
Unfortunately, this is cutting out of my last few weeks in Morocco. I experienced NO sense of reverse culture shock coming to the UK though...I think once May 29th rolls around, I'll be ready to come home.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BABY you being stuck in France with no tel. was hair-raising. Nadeem mamu did an incredible job. with all transport booked who would have thought of booking a car for the channel Tunnel.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the return journey. Hope the volcano behaves.
Be safe. Next time take a Blackberry for all future travels.