Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bad Job, Iceland

...but then again, who could have predicted a huge volcanic ash cloud to halt all air traffic in Europe?




Her name is...Mt. Eyjafjallajokull.

Found out all flights into UK were canceled as I was collecting my boarding pass in Rabat. Decided I would have better luck finding transport from Paris.

NOT. It was a huge catastrophe. After several hours, we finally received a hotel voucher but I had been lucky enough to get in contact with a GW friend (DC - you're an angel, thank you) and am currently crashing in center Paris. It is 5:30 AM - spent the last hour coordinating with my uncle how to get to UK for Noreen's wedding. ALL trains are booked solid until Sunday so...we turned to the sea!

Hopefully meeting him in Calais tomorrow, he is driving to France to get me.

Bright side:

- was interviewed by the LA Times
- met some really cool people
- saw DC!

It's funny. This is my second time in Paris and I have yet to see the Eiffel Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment