Sunday, February 28, 2010

Up and Down

Midterms are in ONE WEEK! It is so crazy how time as flown. Today is my mother's birthday (happy birthday, mama bear!) and tomorrow is MARCH.

Katie arrived in Rabat last night. It is so amazing to see her. I am going to the hammam (public bath/sauna) with her and Karrie and Karrie's host mother in a little bit. It will be my first hammam experience and I am really looking forward to it! People here start going to hammams from childhood, every week.

Also, Samar sent me a Flat Stanley (a small paper doll that represents 'her'). I am supposed to take pictures with the doll around Morocco. So far, Flat Stanley has seen the marketplace, the ocean and Hassan Mosque in Casablanca.

2 comments:

  1. I love flat stanley! My aunt made a flat stanley version of my grandma when we went to NYC because grandma got sick and couldn't come. it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete